Monday, September 20, 2010

Introducing .... Amanda!


This segment will help you get to know a little about some of our fabulous participants, mentors, and coaches! We are so lucky to have such a great team!


1. What's your name? Amanda Christine Ramsey


2. Are you from Atlanta originally? If not, where did you grow up?
No, I am originally from Perry, KS. I moved to Tampa, FL a little over 8 years ago and lived in FL for 8 years before moving to Atlanta with my husband, Shane, and son, Caleb.


3. What's your occupation?
I am a full time mom, wife, homemaker, and volunteer. I work part time at Everybody Wins! Atlanta which is an amazing reading mentor program. I am the school coordinator for 2 of our 10 schools served in the Atlanta Metropolitan area. In addition to that, I also volunteer for various other things (Jr. Great books at my son's school, coaching Girls on the Run, and helping with a cat rescue organization).


4. Do you have an honored teammate?
When I started Team Challenge I did not know anyone with Crohn's or Colitis so I picked Matt Capers to be my honored teammate. Since I have started Team Challenge I found out that a girl I went to school with has Colitis and now I feel I am doing this for her as well!


5. Have you ever been to Vegas before and what are you looking forward to the most while we're there?
No, I have not been to Vegas before nor has my husband who will be coming along, too. Hmm, let's see, I have many things I am looking forward to! First of all, I am super excited to be participating with an amazing group of people to help find a cure! I am really looking forward to the bonding with the team during this trip. I know we will bond during training and leading up to the trip, but I think there will be even more closeness formed during the trip. I am also looking forward to running my very first 1/2 marathon and can't wait to feel the pride and sense of accomplishment that will come along with that. I am very excited to experience Vegas for my first time with my husband! December is our 5 year wedding anniversary and we plan on getting our vows renewed in one of the little chapels for something fun to do!!


6. What do you miss most about your childhood?
What I miss most about my childhood is my brother. He passed away 10 years ago this coming March. We were pretty close and he always included me growing up even though I was 3 years younger!


7. Do you drive the speed limit? No. I pretty much NEVER drive the speed limit. I have a bit of a lead foot and I like to drive fast.






Amanda and her husband, Shane! He recently completed his first 1/2 marathon ... what a great family!



You can check out Amanda's fundraising page at http://www.active.com/donate/lv10georgia/LVARamsey







No comments:

Post a Comment